Thursday, 23 February 2017
Walt : distinguish between relevant and irrelevant ideas for my Kennings poem
We were learning to use lots of detail and use reverent ideas.
I thought this was tricky because in the start i didn't know what to write and then i had to turn them into relevant ideas
I would like to do this again because it was fun.
Walt : display data on histogram, tally chart
- Walt : interpret information from histograms and tally marks eg. medium, mode, range, mean
I was able to put the information from the class scores onto a histogram and tally chart
- The range for the first name scores was from 4-20
- The range for the last name scores was from 2-21
- The range for the full name scores was from 9-31
- The mode for the first name scores was 8
- The mode for the last name scores was 7
- The mode for the full name scores is 22
- The medium for the first name scores is 10
- The medium for the last name scores is 9.5
- The medium for the full name scores is 21
- The mean is when you add all of the number or data together, then you count how many numbers you have and then divide it by that number and that is your answer.
- The median is when you put the numbers in order from least to great then you find the middle number and then that is your answer, but if you have two numbers in the middle you add those together and then divide it by two then that is your answer.
- The mode is the score that appears the most times.
I found this tricky because we had to keep repeating again and again because we keep pushing the wrong number on the calculator so i had a buddy to help me.
Next time i want to do this again because it was fun .
Here is the frog Video about mode mean and median
Wednesday, 15 February 2017
Walt:use different spelling patterns and strategies to increase my word knowledge
There are 45 letters sounds in the English language. Sometimes these sounds are made by one letter and sometimes they are a made by a group of letters together. Learning these letter sounds will help me spell unknown tricky words and increase my word knowledge.
Friday, 3 February 2017
Walt : use advanced punctuation
We have learning how to use bullet points correctly in my 10 Things About Me slideshow. I learnt you need to :
- Place the bullet point in the margin.
- Use a capital letter after the bullet point.
- If you have written a sentence, end it with a punctuation eg. fullstop.
- Bullet points are used to create lists.
- Find the bullet points icon on the right hand side at top of the tool bar called bullet lists.
Next time I will try and use bullet points in more of writing.
Can you guess which of my information is true and which is a lie ?
- This year I am feeling excited because I am looking forward for Camp, Councillor and looking forward to see who is the next head girl.
- This year I want to try and join every thing like sports head girl and more.
- The sport i want to join is swimming, netball and lots more
- I am looking forward to this year.
My Goals this year
- Head girl
- To win a trophy
- To get 100 golden ticks
- To receive the Carolyn Osborne Trophy
- To become a peer mediator
- To get the sportsmanship award
- To get the maori award
- To get a principal award
- To get up to 90 ticks
- To become a councillor
- To become one of the Netball players